Part two of our two-part Church Security Instructor/Leader Development Course focuses on dealing with persons of questionable intent or frame of mind who may become violent, responding to “man with a gun” calls, and active shooters. Persons who have not yet attended the Level One class may attend this class. Course topics include the following:
- Enhanced sucker punch defense based upon the Shivworks Default Cover method.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu-based immediate action ground-and-pound defense.
- Immediate action knife defense based upon the Red Zone Empty Hand Knife Defense program.
- OC /Pepper Spray refresher exercises
- Contact distance shooting from both entanglement and within arms’ reach based upon the Shivworks Retention Shooting method.
- Short-range precision shooting on 3-D full torsos using airsoft pistols based upon the Dr. James Williams Tactical Anatomy Shooting with X-Ray Vision method.
- Identifying and making early contact with persons of questionable intent and ability who may become violent in the parking lot, inside the building but outside of the sanctuary, and inside the sanctuary.
- One and two-man team room clearing entry fundamentals during man-with-a gun and active shooter events.
- Force-on-Force exercises while wearing protective gear using airsoft pistols and inert OC trainers. Scenarios include dealing with persons of questionable intent and ability, man-with-a-gun calls, and active shooters.
- Group discussion in which each student will be asked to share any lessons learned while being on a church security team since they attended the Level One class. Participation is optional.
Standard Course Schedule
900am to 500pm
900am to 500pm
- Hard plastic pistol commonly referred to as a “red gun” or “blue gun” that will fit in the student’s normal carry holster.
- Concealment garment similar to what student wears on church/house of worship security team.
- CO2 or green gas-powered airsoft pistol with plastic BBs (it is not necessary that the pistol fits the student’s holster).
- Paintball or airsoft protective mask that protects eyes and mouth. Optional gear includes gloves, neck protectors such as shemaghs, and jackets to minimize possible light bruising (which typically is largely cosmetic).